Monday, June 30, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Lavinia Kent


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Lavinia Kent!

Is this your first year attending AAD?

Yes, this is my first year at AAD.  I’m really looking forward to it, but a little nervous.  It always takes me a day or two to get used to something new.

What made you want to come to AAD?

A friend asked me if I was interested.  I said yes, without really knowing what it was.  I love reader events, and I’m always happy to visit a new one.  Once I looked AAD up and understood what I’d agreed to, I was thrilled.  I can’t wait to finish my Sins and Virtues costume and join in the fun.

So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in her room?

All of the above.  I normally progress from the bar to the room, although many times I never make it further than the bar.  How can I leave if there’s a good book discussion going on?

Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?

My book, Mastering the Marquess, comes out at the end of July.  It’s the first time I’ve written a truly erotic romance.  I started out just working on another hot historical, but my fingers (and characters) just ran away with the story -- taking me places I’d never been.

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?

Definitely my July release, Mastering the Marquess.

“Can you imagine a willing woman who knows nothing, a woman who knows only what you teach her, a woman who doesn't even know that pleasure exists?”  This is the question that my hero, an outwardly staid marquess, gets asked, and finds he cannot resist answering.  The night that follows surpasses anything he, or my heroine, had ever imagined.

One of my critique partners is still mystified that I managed to write something that is so hot and still sweet.  I loved writing sex scenes that really helped the characters work through their problems and understand aspects of their personalities they didn’t even know about themselves.

Mastering the Marquess. It’s hot.  It’s funny.  It’s dark.  It’s sweet.  It’s sensuous.  It’s . . . .  What’s not to like?

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
I drink everything.  I’m most often found with a glass of Pinot in my hand, but I love a good Lemon Drop or Cosmo.  And I never pass up Tequila or Margaritas.  Plus, I grew up in Wisconsin, so I can drink beer like water.

Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?

RED. RED. RED.

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?

I really wanted to have matchbooks made up, but was shocked at how long the order time was.  I’m working on a couple of other ideas, but you’ll have to wait and see.

Where can readers find you?
www.LaviniaKent.com
@LaviniaKent on Twitter
Lavinia Kent on Facebook
Laviniawriter@aol.com

No comments: