Sunday, June 22, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Jayne Rylon


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Jayne Rylon!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
No.

What brings you back to AAD?
I attended last year’s AAD in Savannah.  I had an amazing time.  The readers were fantastic and the city gorgeous. Plus I was able to get some of my favorite authors to sign books to add to my personal collection.  What’s not to love?

Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
In addition to the new Hot Rods book coming in July, I just released a bargain boxset of the entire Red Light series for less than $5.  Crazy, I know :)  But they’re my favorite books I’ve ever written and I want them to be accessible to as many readers as possible.  You can check it out here:

Amazon – http://amzn.to/1kOk3bD
B&N - http://bit.ly/1iHbj7q
KOBO - http://bit.ly/1pJ4mub
ARe - http://bit.ly/1kOm9YZ
iTunes - coming soon
What happens when a prostitute falls in love with her client, but doesn’t plan to quit her job?
I’m Star, a sex worker in Amsterdam’s Red Light district. I invite you to step through my window. Careful, though. Observing my passionate exchanges may destroy your preconceptions.
I adore my profession. I’m many things in the course of one evening—whore, lover, nurse, psychologist and friend. But above all, I’m still a woman. Maybe the truths I’ve discovered about myself by serving others will help me deal with one customer who’s come to mean more than all the others.
There’s no doubt Rick desires me, but lately our business arrangement seems personal. How can I choose between the profession I love most, and the person I can’t live without?
I’m greedy. I want both.

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
Well, like I said, Red Light is my favorite series I’ve written to date, but there’s a little something for everyone in my backlist.  Everything from choose your own adventure erotic romances to massive menage books, modern westerns, romantic suspense, medical fetish and even paranormal books, so it depends on what people like to read.  By far, my most popular series is Powertools which spins off into Hot Rods.  The first six books are about a construction crew and their unique brand of loving, which makes the books something like… m/m/f/m/f/m/f/m/f  LOL  Then their mechanic cousins see how good the crew has it and decides to give it a go.  They’re all misfits from broken homes who ended up finding each other and building a family of their own around the business they own together restoring classic cars.  It’s an even more massive menage series than Powertools.  Check it out! :)

What panels will you be on at AAD?
I’m doing two panels, both on Saturday.  Stop by the Multiple Partner panel and the Erotic Romance panel to ask me any questions or hear more about what I love to do.

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
Believe it or not, I’m allergic to alcohol.  So I am strictly a Shirley Temple drinker!

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Every attendee will be getting one of my autographed collector guides along with some goodies in their registration bag.  In addition I usually have all sorts of fun stuff from paper items like oversized postcards featuring my book covers to chip clips, sticky notes, pens, magnets, etc.  Come find me at the book signing or other events to grab some!

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
Oh, the book fair!  My favorite part!  I’ll have some of each of my 23 print books on hand.  Just a couple each though since my luggage will explode.  If there is something readers want and they know ahead of time, they can message me on facebook or email me their orders and I will make sure I bring it and keep it aside for them.

In addition, I will be bringing an assortment of t-shirts from the various campaigns I have run.  Some are specific to my books, featuring Powertools or Hot Rods, for example.  Others are generic reading themed apparel including my Read Past Bedtime design and one that say The World Belongs to those who read.  You can find me at any time during the conference to pick up books or shirts if you want to have the best selection and ensure you get what you want!

Where can readers find you?
www.jaynerylon.com
facebook.com/jaynerylon
@JayneRylon

No comments: