Monday, June 2, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Julie Morgan


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Julie Morgan!


Is this your first year attending AAD?
Yes and I'm SUPER excited!!!!!


What made you want to come to AAD?
An opportunity to meet some of my readers, meet new readers and claim a face to those I talk to on a regular basis. I believe AAD is one of the better events around and cannot wait to see what happens!


So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
I'm pretty much everywhere all the time lol! I'm one of the hosts for the Sins and Virtues party. You might find me sleeping at the Sloth table. Depending on the action of the event I could very well be found hanging out at the bar.


Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
Yes!!! I had one recently publish, book three in my Chronicles of the Fallen series, Atonement. Book four will be published just before the event. Culmination will be ready to go and readers will be able to pick up all four books in a set!


If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
That's hard to answer. Fallen introduces the readers into the series I've written, however, Atonement (book three) could be read as a stand alone... to a point. There would be character interaction that might be confusing, however. If I were to suggest one of my books, I believe it would be a toss up between Fallen and Atonement equally.


Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I'll be hosting the Sins and Virtues party as Sloth! I hope to see my chairs filled up! I plan to have a great time with my readers and attendees, even if we're just sleeping! HAHA! I've also made a souvenir for the event just for the people at my table.


If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
Vodka tonic!


Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?
I'll have two different ones to sport! Let's just say Steampunk and Sloth!


SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
I have a special gift just for the people at my Sloth table. I've made a gift just for them. I'll also have my book swag to support my series. HOT MEN and HUGE book marks!!! Oh and candy. Lots and lots of candy!


We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
All four of my books in my Chronicles of the Fallen series! Fallen, Redemption, Atonement and Culmination


What did you want to be when you were younger? Real life and Make Believe? (I've actually been asked this before and had fun with it! Readers enjoyed it too)


When I was younger, my dream was to become a prosecuting attorney. I wanted to put the bad guys away. I started my first year of law school right out of high school and realized, then and there, this was NOT for me! I quickly changed majors and switched to Computer Science. I've been in the IT industry now going on 20 years. I love it... but love writing more!


As a young child, I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up. I loved the thought of swimming under the sea (no Arial theme included here). To think of swimming with dolphins, whales and even sharks... it was completely mesmerizing to me! I might have a story here soon based on mermaids/sirens!


What is your favorite sports team?
By far for football, Dallas Cowboys! I'm originally from Texas and grew up watching them and the Texas Rangers! I wish we could bring back Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Bobby Valentine and Nolan Ryan to the games.


Is there anything about yourself you'd like to share that your readers may not know or realize?
Sure. I used to be a trained dancer. I took ballroom dance lessons to the bronze level championship. I loved EVERY moment of it! Unfortunately, it has ruined me for any type of dance competition now. I find myself to be VERY critical while watching performances. Then again, I've been known to let loose and cut a rug for the fun of it and have a great time!


On a side note, I'm a HUGE supporter and advocate for Autism research. You'll find me at events, offering support services and donating my time to the charity. Once you see life through the eyes of an autistic child (or adult) you will never see things the same way again.


Where can readers find you?
Twitter: @JulieMorganBook
Email: juliemorganbooks@gmail.com

Want to attend Author's After Dark and meet Julie, plus lots of other amazing authors? Register today!!

No comments: