Saturday, June 28, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Jenn LeBlanc


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Jenn LeBlanc!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
Nope! This is my third year at AAD, and I love it.

What brings you back to AAD?
I absolutely LOVE the conference and the readership it brings. This reader con has a completely different vibe from most of the con I go to. It’s close, fun and intimate and everyone has a good time.

So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
If I’m not in a panel I’ll be where everyone else is, last year it was the bar/lobby area, I haven’t seen this hotel, but it will be one or both of those.

Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
My most recent book came out in April, and it’s called ABSOLUTE SURRENDER. It’s the story of a woman with mental illness, who is doing her best to marry the man she was promised to before he discovers there’s something wrong with her, all while her best friend attempts to ruin their progress to keep her for himself.

It’s truly a very different kind of historical… and it may start out a love triangle, but ti somehow ends up a ménage, even as the guys are rivals and don’t like each other.

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
ABSOLUTE SURRENDER. Of course. I am absolutely in love with these characters and this story. It’s the book I’ll be signing at AAD. Preorders for hardcopies for AAD are already popular, I should have a few extras, but I have limited space on the plane! Preorders from my website are the only way to guarantee a copy.

Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I am one of the authors hosting the Sins and Virtues ball… which should be amazing.

I heard through the grapevine you’re sponsoring a table at the Sins & Virtues ball. Tell us more!
My table is CHASTITY… which should get very interesting, and wicked.

What panels will you be on at AAD?
I am on the following panels:
Humor (because who doesn’t love to giggle),
Sexy Sexy Sexy (because who doesn’t love… yeah why do we read romance?),
History Unlaced (because I do write true historicals, requiring research and the whole shebang),
Cover Art (because I’m also a cover photographer) and
Historical Romance (back to the whole history thing, and history as a character in the book)

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
OMG at a bar? That all depends on where we are, at RT in Kansas City I was all about the Dark and Stormy, and at AAD in Savannah I was in love with the Release the Kraken. There were a few different drinks I loved in NOLA, but I don’t remember the names. So I suppose I need to find a new one in Charlotte! Let’s figure it out!

Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?
Stripes down the rabbit hole. :)

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
I CAN’T SAY. It’s a huge HUGE HUGE secret that has been trying it’s level best to make it’s way out into the real world. But it’s amazing, involves an artist who is incredible, and some original artwork. I guarantee you haven’t seen anything like this.

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
I will have ABSOLUTE SURRENDER and THE RAKE AND THE RECLUSE both in limited supply AT the signing unless you have preordered them from my website. I currently have a few of the special editions of ABSOLUTE SURRENDER still available, signed by the cast if you’d like to guarantee yours.

Where can readers find you?


Illustrated Romance: http://StudioSmexy.com/

No comments: