Tuesday, July 8, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Nina S. Gooden


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Nina S. Gooden!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
Nope, this is my second time.

What made you want to come to AAD?
The authors! I’ve gotten to meet so many fabulous people at this convention. Even though I came as an author myself and did my best to act professional I ended up totally fangirling it up a few times. I may or may not have stalked some of my favorite authors, so if you see a moving potted plant or a giant cardboard box, please don’t mind it.

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
I’m here to promote a new series of mine, which is completely focused on a clumsy fledgling cupid who hooks people up with candy magic. I will deny all claims that this idea sprung out of my obsession with sweets and anime. Deny, deny, deny.

Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I’m hosting the Game Parlor with the help of the fabulous Rita Sawyer. It’s a lot like the carnival we did last year but with better prizes and less booze. Oh, there wasn’t booze last time? I guess that was just me.

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
So! I...super, super enjoy being drunk. It’s a problem. I’m a dirty lush. =( Therefore, I should not drink at cons. I should remain professional at all time and carry myself with dignity, poise, and grace. Pfft. I’m not doing any of that! Lemon drop shots all the way!

Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?
I would just like to say that last year I didn’t know there would be contests. I. Didn’t. Know.
This year, even though I can’t actually win anything...I will. I hope you feel the fire in my tone here. I really like to win things and dress up. Winning something for dressing up sounds like something I need to be all over like me on cake. Yeah, I went there. I like cake too.

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Swaaaag! I’m bringing the usual bits: pens, bookmarks, and a free book. However, I wanted to add a little of my own stank for my readers so I’m also offering a ton of candy (going back to that new series I was talking about) and some very special Mason Jar goodies. Because Pinterest is evil.

Where can readers find you?
I’m all over the place! You can find me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nsgooden
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/nsgooden
Blogger: http://nsgooden.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nina.gooden.98

No comments: