Tuesday, July 15, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Marianne Morea


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Marianne Morea

What brings you back to AAD? 
Last year Authors After Dark Savannah Nights was my first real convention. I say my first REAL convention because I had no idea how a convention could truly be when readers are the main focus! RT is fun, but it seems more author-centric…kind of like RWA. I attended UndeadCon in New Orleans, hosted by the Anne Rice Vampire Lestat Fan Club, but that was more ball-oriented, with author stuff thrown in as an aside. AAD IS AMAZING! I was floored at how engaged the readers were at AAD last year so I had to come back! Last year I was lucky enough to land a last minute sponsorship and hosted a table at the Vampire Ball, BUT this year I am all over…panels, parties and readers to hang with! **shivers** I can’t wait!

So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? Lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
Hell yes, I hang out in the bar, the lobby…anywhere you can find people! I love to laugh and talk, so look for me and my signature Lemon Drop Martini and join me for a drink! I’m also a big time foodie, so come on down! The more the merrier!

Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
I do. I have the 2nd bridge novella in my Cursed by Blood Series! The new novella is entitled, Power Play, and it will release the weekend of AAD. There are four full novels to the series, and these ‘bridge’ novellas give readers an off-page sneak peek into lives of my characters— what makes them tick, giving an added value look into the scenarios readers find in the novels. We first meet Rissa Leighton, sister-in-law to the Alpha of the Brethren at the start of the Cursed by Blood Series, and although her story progresses along with that of the main characters, it remains in the background. In Power Play, the story line focuses Rissa and how she must leave the life she knows and the family she loves to follow the man of her dreams into his world…a world as cold and inhospitable in terrain as it is to those they consider outsiders.

Normally available in eBook only, the novellas will be available at AAD in a Limited Edition Paperback Bundle that includes the four full novels! Plus, if my muse decides to cooperate, I may also have another stand-alone book debuting, a Paranormal Romance called, My Soul To Keep. Here’s the teaser tagline: Temptation. A powerful trap while trying to redeem your soul and storm the gates of heaven.

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
That’s a hard question to answer since my series is linked… If readers want an adult story line I would suggest reading both Hunter’s Blood and Twice Cursed of my Cursed by Blood Series…the first is the short introduction to the series and the other is book two which picks up right where the first leaves off. But if readers enjoy Teen/YA, then I would suggest Hollow’s End…it’s my Teen Romantic Suspense that builds on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow with an added historic twist.

 Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
Parties! Parties! Yup…I am hosting a couple! Come hang out and grab some fun swag at the Paranormal Party, but don’t forget to come and join me at the Girls Night Out Vegas Pre-Party highlighting the bundles books and sizzling stories of the GNO Bundled Series! Lots of games and swag for those who attend! I’ll also be at the Mad Tea Party... in costume, of course!

I heard through the grapevine you’re sponsoring a table at the Sins & Virtues ball. Tell us...
Yes I am! I have been peppering the Attendee Page with my plans for my WRATH Table! Lots of specialty swag for my table of fans, plus you know the old saying…Hell Hath No Fury? Anyone is welcome to bring a pic or a name of someone karma forgot to bitch-slap and we’ll be happy to do the honors for her! Do you Voodoo? Yes we do! LOL!

What panels will you be on at AAD?
 I am lucky to be participating on four terrific panels this year: Urban Fantasy, Humor, Young Adult, and Romantic Suspense… I have to say I think my favorite is going to be humor, because I LOVE to build my quirky sense of humor into my characters…

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
Like I said earlier…Lemon Drop Martini! Extra Sweet with a big kick!

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Voodoo Dolls, Anger Management mugs, Logo’s cups and bags, soaps, lotions, candles, drawstring backpacks…LOTS OF STUFF!

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
I will have all my books with me PLUS the limited edition bundle just for AAD… readers can treat themselves to one or two, or they can get the whole series in a specially priced bundle!

Where can readers find you?
http://www.mariannemorea.com/
http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=marianne+morea
https://twitter.com/MarianneMorea
https://www.facebook.com/mariannemoreaauthor

No comments: