Wednesday, May 28, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Joy Daniels


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Joy Daniels!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
More like my fourth! AAD is on my calendar as one of the MUST GO TO events of the year.

What brings you back to AAD?
The list could go on for pages but numbers one through one hundred (and beyond) are the readers. AAD is the best con for authors to meet, interact, and have fun with readers passionate about all genres of romance. Besides, it’s a blast!
So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
I’m a lobby type - and always looking for someone to talk with about books, boys, and just about anything else. So come find me!

Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
I just released my first full-length novel, which I will promoting at AAD - Nashville Trio, a Music City Menage (available NOW). I will also be promoting the kickoff of my new paranormal series with a novella called Soul Seduction (due out in July)  

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
I also love the most recent one, so it’s hard to say!  If you like contemporary menage then definitely Nashville Trio. If paranormal is your thing, then check out Soul Seduction.

Tell us about the EVENTS you’re hosting at AAD!
I’ll be part of a number of events at AAD. I’m teaming up with a bunch of other fab authors to sponsor Karoake at the NC Music Factory on Wednesday night. I’m also hosting a game table at the Game Parlor, where you can try your luck and win some fab prizes!  

What panels will you be on at AAD?
My first story Revving Her Up is about NASCAR so i’m looking forward to the Sports Romance panel. Nashville Trio is of course a menage - and a love story - so Im also on the Multipartne romance panel. You can also find me on the New Adult panel, and on Sci Fi/Fantasy, which are my two other writing (and reading) passions!

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
I usually drink red wine but can easily be coaxed into trying something sexy but not-too-sweet. Some kind of champagne cocktail with a kick.

Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?
I have two fab corsets that I love to wear up at AAD! And since my new paranormal series is about demons you can expect something a little devilish…but that’s all I’m saying! ;-)

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
I have fun guitar-shaped bottle opener/keychains to promote Nashville Trio, and sexy racing tattoos for Revving Her Up.  I haven’t decided on the swag for Soul Seduction yet, so it will be a surprise to me as well!

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
I’ll have paperback copies of Nashville Trio as well as e-copies of my novellas.

Where can readers find you?
@authorjdaniels

No comments: