Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year!

The New Year is off to a busy start. I'm doing edits and proofing a galley while trying to polish my next novel for submission to my editor at Samhain. I've also got some manuscripts under consideration elsewhere, so wish me luck with that, okay? ;-)

But the year started slow and has been steadily getting busier and busier. Just the way I like it! I planned to spend the whole month on my blog talking about resolutions and goals. A few of us - readers, writers and other people - have gotten together on my blog to encourage each other and I've got a few guest bloggers every week, to help keep us entertained. Drop by if you have a chance and say hello!

Other than that, I'm gearing up for my next paranormal novella release on February 6th, Rare Vintage. The story has been expanded greatly from what it once was. In April, the last of my vampire novella re-releases will be out - Phantom Desires - and sometime later this year all three of the novellas will be gathered together into one print book under the "Brotherhood of Blood" banner.

I'm looking forward to having all three stories out again, and in much expanded form. They are now the way I wanted to write them so long ago. To give you some idea, the first of the trilogy - One & Only - started life as a 3,500 word short story. It's now somewhere around 25,000 words. My characters get to have last names now! LOL.

I also love the covers for all three ebooks and can't wait to see what the artist, Angela Waters, comes up with for the combined print cover. I expect it will be something in the same vein, but she always manages to surprise me a bit, so we'll see what she comes up with when the time comes. I'm sure it'll be just as lovely as the three she's already done.

So that's it for me. I'm writing, editing, proofing and all that other fun stuff. I'm busier than I've been in a while and I enjoy it, but it leaves precious little time for anything else. I think things will settle down a bit in a week or two, but until then, wish me luck! :)

Bianca

1 comment:

Karin said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the beginning of the year. Good luck with all your editing and proofing!