Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Change In The Air

What a wonderful day! I don’t intend to get into politics (although I’m a political junkie) but there is something so uplifting about the swearing in of a new president. Beyond the usual feelings of American pride and the awe at the realization that few governments are able to pass power from one leader to another in peace, there is a sense of renewal. Granted, this sense of elation might be of short duration, but I love the sense of turning the page. Every once in awhile I think it’s great for all of us to take stock of our lives, where we are, where we’ve been, and where we want to go and make that decision to turn the page. A new job, volunteering at the local school, a hobby we’ve been longing to give a try, losing that ten pounds J I have decided to turn a page of my own. My life has been so crazy busy that I’ve discovered myself becoming more and more impatient. Not only with my poor family, but with those I encounter everyday (at the store, the gas station…) I’m making a commitment to take a few deep breaths and focus on being a lot more patient and kind to those who cross my path. I know it’s not life altering and it won’t change the world, but I think sometimes a person having a tough day needs a smile from a complete stranger.
So…I would like to know if you could turn the page, what would you do? I’ll draw a random number from those who respond and send a bookmark J
Oh, and before I forget, I have a tease for Darkness Unleashed (Jagr’s story) on my web site:
www.alexandraivy.com
Peace and goodwill to all,
Alex

6 comments:

Stella Price said...

I love this. Love that now that we know everything has changed, they get to prove it.

Im on the phone with my sister, and shes watching with us... and I have family down there right now!

this is a year for change, and Im hoping to make all our career dreams come true.

Bianca D'Arc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karin said...

Change can definitely be a good thing, though I sometimes find it hard to do. I'm hoping that this will be a good change for the country.

Heather said...

If I could turn the page, I'm not sure what I would do. I'm having a problem finding a job right now, but before that I was in one I didn't like, so I decided to go back to school, so I could get one that I do.

Jan said...

I've already turned the page. I've made a commitment to lose weight (85 pounds so far), find myself a boyfriend (still working on that), & finding a job (this is the toughest one of all).

Ja'niece

Alexandra Ivy said...

I love all the responses and I'm hoping that everyone looking for a job finds one soon...I know what it's like to be worried about your career...yuck! I had my husband pick a number and Karin is the winner for the bookmark! Karin, if you'll send your address to alexandraivy @ yahoo.com I'll get it in the mail!!

Thanks to all for playing,
Alex