Friday, February 20, 2009

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The good is that it's almost March and I have two books hitting the shelves...yeah!! Darkness Revealed (Cezar's story) as Alexandra Ivy and Seducing the Viscount (a regency historical) as Deborah Raleigh. It's always thrilling to walk into a bookstore and catch sight of your work, although it can also be incredibly nervewracking. You just never know how people are going to react and while you do your very best to write a story you love...well, it's a crap shoot :) The bad is that it's the middle of winter and although the ice has finally melted here it is still gray and cold. Yuck. I'm sooooo ready for spring to come. If you all have any hints of chasing away the winter blues I would be extremely grateful (unless it's chocolate...I'm way too tired of my exercise bike to have to add and extra five miles!). The ugly? Well, I'm not sure if it's ugly or not, but I'm in the first stages of plotting out Salvatore's story, which means character profiles, plot diagrams, research...yada yada. My office is a mess of papers and books and the walls covered with maps and the rest of the house...oy. Spring cleaning is going to take a bull dozer!
Hope all of you are surviving winter, oh, and if you happen to catch sight of my latest release I would love to know!

Wishing for spring,
Alex

2 comments:

Lizzielvr said...

I just finished Darkness Revealed and it's not crap! Very enjoyable, I couldn't stop reading until I finished it. Cezar and Anna were great and I love that you bring in the previous books charaters. Dante is my favorite! And Viper, and Styx too... Alright, I like them all! I love this series, please keep them coming!

Alexandra Ivy said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm so happy you enjoyed the book :)