Friday, April 15, 2011

What Authors After Dark Has That Others Don’t From Theresa Meyers

I’m skipping the big conferences this year. You know, Romantic Times, RomCon and RWA national convention, but I’m making sure I go to Authors After Dark. Why? Because this year AAD is offering me something the others can’t. A chance to get to me you, really meet you, not just say hi as you pass by a signing table in a crowded ballroom.
I’ve never been to AAD before, but from everything I’ve heard from others, it’s one of the few conferences where you get to actually have fun and just hang out with others who love the same things I do—books!
Oh, I probably should have gone to some of the bigger conferences. I had my first print Nocturne, The Truth About Vampires, out in March and my second, The Vampire Who Loved Me comes out May 24th. I also have my first book in my steampunk romance trilogy, The Hunter, coming out from Kensington in late October. But there were other things I had to think about. Did I want to be just one of the crowd? Did I want a chance to really sit down and mingle? While I’ve been to RWA’s national conference many times and spoken there frequently since I joined in 1993, I’ve always found it to be more about building up my craft as a writer and making business connections.
This year that’s not my goal. My goal is to meet more readers. Have fun with them. Get a chance to hang out and really enjoy the people who love to read paranormal romances featuring hot, sexy vampires and those who are into steampunk as much as I am. And since I live in Washington, I’ll get a chance to meet people I have only “seen” on Twitter or Facebook.
All in all, I’m really looking forward to AAD. I hope you are too!

Theresa Meyers

ETA: Theresa's Editor said that her Steampunk story will be out in NOVEMBER instead of October!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH WOW! I did not know you were coming! I cannot wait to meet! You will have a wonderful time.

Grace Fonseca said...

I can't wait to meet you as well. You are going to have so much fun.