Saturday, July 5, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Jaycee DeLorenzo


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Jaycee DeLorenzo!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
Yes!  And saying I’m excited is an understatement.

What made you want to come to AAD?
I’ve been hearing about this conference for years and how it’s a wonderful opportunity to mingle with readers.  I met Stella at the New Adult Sleepover Weekend in Savannah last December, and she really talked it up, so the moment some featured authors spots opened I, I jumped on the chance to attend. I’m looking forward to meeting readers, making friends, and experiencing all I’ve heard it has to offer.  Plus, I have to admit, some of my favorite authors are also going, so I’ll be fangirling like a gigantic dork.

So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
Yes to the bar and lobby.  Come find me and say hi. Lets have a drink and chat!

Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
I’m working hard on the next book in my Riordan College Series, A Love Less Perfect, and I’m planning to really bury my nose the next few weeks and get it done and ready for distribution, even if it’s only in ebook form.

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
I only have one book out now: The Truths about Dating and Mating.  I know, I know, it sounds like a self-help book, but don’t let the title fool you.  It’s about a radio station program that goes by that title, hosted by my colorful characters, Ian and Ivy.

Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I’ll be part of the game room on Friday night.  Come play with me and win some fun swag and prizes!  I’ll also be part of the ribbon scavenger hunt.

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
It varies, but I do love White Russians or Bourbon and Diet Cokes.

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Yes, I love buying and giving away swag.  So far, I have stylus pens, lip balms, ear buds, candy, magnets, key chains, digital copies of my book and...well, probably more because like I said, I love buying and giving away swag.  It’s kind of an addiction.

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell? 
Guaranteed, I’ll have The Truths about Dating and Mating.  

Where can readers find you?
My website:  http://jayceedelorenzo.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/jaycee.delorenzo
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16106510-the-truths-about-dating-and-mating
NA Alley:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16106510-the-truths-about-dating-and-mating

No comments: