Thursday, July 31, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Beth Williamson


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Beth Williamson!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
No, this will be my third. Woohoo! I attended in New Orleans and Savannah. I’m a veteran, so to speak, and I adore AAD. Such raucously good fun!

Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I am hosting the Cowboy Stampede on Saturday at 5 pm with some amazing western romance authors including Cat Johnson, Sandy Sullivan, Hildie McQueen, Delilah Devlin and Amanda McIntyre. Oh, the fun we will have! There shall be premium swag, free books (download and paperback), raffle prizes and… Cowboy Family Feud! It’ll be a foot stompin’ good time!

What panels will you be on at AAD?
On Thursday, I will be in History Unlaced from 2-3 in Independence. On Friday, I will be in Westerns from 1-2 in Independence, and Kick Ass Heroines from 3-4 in Sharon. I’ll have books for the Blind Date Book Party on Wednesday, swag at the Blogger Swag party on Friday from 7-8 in Trade. I’m sponsoring lunch from 12-1 on Friday so more free books (ebooks!). And I’ll be at the Book club Meet and Greet on Saturday from 9-10 in Independence. I’m also one of the ribbon scavenger hunt authors so find me!! (I can sleep when I’m dead, right?)

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
I am a vodka girl! Favorites are Ciroc, Chopin and Tito’s - anything non-wheat, e.g., potato or grape. Love it mixed with any fruit juice. I think in a previous life I might have been a vodka taste tester at a factory. That’s the only explanation. ;)

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Oho! Who doesn’t love swag? It’s da bomb, right? I will have my famous purple “Read a book, ride a cowboy” koozies, awesome purse-sized halogen flashlights, super cool pens, my famous cowboy and horse duckies, Malloy buttons (BUTTONS!!) and the extra special Malloy series mousepads for prizes.

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
I will have the Circle Eight series with me - CALEB, VAUGHN, and NICHOLAS. I might even have ARCs of TOBIAS… of course I love to tease people so I fully expect to flaunt said ARCs. ;)

Where can readers find you?
Website: http://www.bethwilliamson.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bethwilliamson
Twitter: http://twitter.com/authorbethw

No comments: