So on to the Self Publishing Info:
Strictly self published authors (from now on known as SSP in this document) will have to meet these guidelines in order to be considered for an author spot at Authors After Dark:
- Author must have a minimum of 1(one) NOVEL length book (50k+ of contiguous story- no anthology prints will be considered for the inaugural benchmark) published for a minimum of 8 (eight) months via mainstream publishing channels (Amazon.com, Smash words, All Romance E Books, etc.)
- Book subject and themes must adhere to socially acceptable mores and issues. NO hot button topics or taboo’s (Bestiality*, rape, incest, pseudo incest, deviant sexual play). BDSM is NOT considered a taboo topic.
- Book genres must be in the romance/ SFF/horror/ speculative fiction sub genres. No general fiction will be considered, nor memoirs or nonfiction.
BOOK MUST BE AN ORIGINAL WORK OF FICTION. NO FAN FIC (Apparent or based) WILL BE CONSIDERED.
• Author’s books MUST be professionally edited, with a socially acceptable professional cover
• Author is responsible for sales tax (if applicable by state law) and accounting of any/all books sold
• Author must have a website (minimum). Other social media (Twitter, FB, Blog) are encouraged
• Author must commit to the same responsibilities as all other Featured Authors of AAD
When applying, Author MUST send an email with the following information:
- • Name of Author
- • Name of Book
- • Link to Self Pubbed works
- • Editor of each book
- • Cover of book
- • Author Website
- • Author Blog
- • Author Twitter
- • Author FB page (if accepted we link to the page via the AAD page)
Author hopefuls must email the above information to: AADSSP@authorsafterdark.orgReview time is 1-2 weeks. If you have not heard from us by the end of the second week, please email again.
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE AAD STAFF ARE FINAL.
(*Bestiality: Sexual encounters of shifters in shifted form is not acceptable. Please keep all sexual encounters to bi-pedal life forms.)