Monday, August 4, 2008

Workin' For A Livin'!

Boy, am I swamped. First of all, you all know that NOAH is coming out Sept. 2nd, right? I think that's fairly common knowledge. I am so very excited about this book! It is a culmination of a series I have loved with all of my heart and my soul. This series gave birth to me as an author in as much as I gave birth to it. Also, I know everyone has been waiting very eagerly for the subject matter in this novel. Noah, the Demon King, finally goes on the journey he needs to take to try and win his forever mate. But I promise you, I did not make it easy for him. You wouldn't want that now would ya? Nah. See. i knew you wouldn't. You all are going to love Kestra. His heroine has that spitfire kind of soul that goes very well with a Fire Demon...we hope!






And right now I am working on the final edit for ECSTASY. Say, no one has seen the cover yet!! Lemme share :)

Isn't this exciting. Plus it's a stepback cover which means there's another picture inside. I admit, I have issues with the inside cover picture...or any cover, for that matter, that poorly represents the couple in the book. But my publisher has its reasons for doing their thing and honestly, as long as the story comes to all of you intact and does it's job of helping you escape into the Nightwalker world, then I could care less about the packaging.

But this part of the cover is totally awesome! Pure flippin' genius! I am very very lucky.

Anyway, back to work...I am doing the final draft of the second book in the series, RAPTURE. OMG...I don't mean to toot my own kazoo or anything, but this story is by far my all time best work ever. I honestly feel like I am getting better at this with each and every book I write. Which, to tell the truth, puts a bit of pressure on me! I also started writing the next book in the series (I told you I was swamped!!) and I am biting my nails terrified my editor is going to utterly hate it. But honestly, that's just me being a drama queen arteest. I hope. It just goes to show no matter how many times I end up on the bestseller lists, I'm still going to doubt myself at each new turn. Perhaps that is a good thing (unless you're my ulcer) and it will keep me sharp...keep me from getting lazy and writing rote crap that merely mirrors the work I have done before. I have seen it happen in some series. I don't want to be like that. Not ever!

So I had to swing by and give you all an update. I hope it wasn't too brief, but I have got to get back to work!!

See ya soon!

Hugs and Kitties
Jacki Frank

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok the cover for Ecstasy is rockin!!! Sorry you don't like the inside pic...what r you gonna do? *shrug*

Can't wait to read Noah and read the new series!

Jacquelyn Frank said...

You are exactly right Tracy! And I am glad you like the cover!

Jen said...

I really like the cover too and can't wait for it to come out. At least it won't be much longer until Noah comes out.

Stella Price said...

Snicker. I saw Ecstasy AGES ago.. Infact... didnt i put it on your new business cards? Snicker...

well done hun... and to all you guys... you will adore Ecstasy...

Indie_Chick said...

*stares*

oooh Jacki,, I love love the cover...I can't wait for it....Now I'll definetly have to get a bigger bookcase...

Diana Castilleja said...

Congrats on the release! Hope it's a huge success. :)

Anna said...

I love the cover of Ecstasy. Can't wait to read it. :)

Lesa~Dragon said...

I like the cover for Ecstasy, the colors are very interesting and the symbol in the middle is very ornate.

Kate explained at National the challenge they had coming up with the cover for the book, working with the art department. The process was facinating.

Too bad you didn't like the pic in the step back. I'll have to dig out the samples they gave out and look again.

Looking forward to the new series.

Dragon

Stephanie*magic* said...

The cover is awesome!!!!