Registration acceptance for 2014 AAD: Charlotte has been pushed back. 2013 is still very much a monster and I want to devote my time and energy to making sure THIS year is amazing. With so many awesome authors and attendees this year, and the ideas and parties we have going on, its been a bit daunting!
But I will be revisiting the acceptance for 2014 in May probably. Once we hear from our wanted Master of Ceremonies.
Heads up though because I have been getting a LOT of emails about 2014:
NY published authors that are being sent to me by their publisher representative (yes that happens every year) this doesnt apply to you.
Self published authors: you MUST apply and be accepted. Info is at the bottom of this blogpost.
Small press: If your publisher hasn't event worked with us, and isn't planning to, Please be aware I will ask you how much promotional time and energy you will personally be putting into this event. Publisher backing is Lovely because the author doesnt have to do much, but it also makes sure that the Readers arent shafted with less goodies because an author cannot afford them.
Thanks So much everyone for the patience, and you will be hearing from us soon!
Strictly Self Published guidelines for Authors After Dark
Implemented: Savannah 2013 convention and beyond
Strictly self published authors (from now on known as SSP in this document) will have to meet these guidelines in order to be considered for an author spot at Authors After Dark:
· Author must have a minimum of 1(one) NOVEL length book (50k+ of contiguous story- no anthology prints will be considered for the inaugural benchmark) published for a minimum of 8 (eight) months via mainstream publishing channels (Amazon.com, Smash words, All Romance E Books, etc.)
· Book subject and themes must adhere to socially acceptable mores and issues. NO hot button topics or taboo’s (Bestiality*, rape, incest, pseudo incest, deviant sexual play). BDSM is NOT considered a taboo topic.
· Book genres must be in the romance/ SFF/speculative fiction sub genres. No general fiction will be considered, nor memoirs or nonfiction.
BOOK MUST BE AN ORIGINAL WORK OF FICTION. NO FAN FIC (Apparent or based) WILL BE CONSIDERED.
· Author’s books MUST be professionally edited, with a socially acceptable professional cover.
· Author is responsible for sales, tax (if applicable for state laws) and accounting of any and all books sold.
· Author must have a website (minimum). Other social media outlets (Twitter, FB, Blog) are also encouraged.
* Author must commit to the same responsibilities as all other Featured Authors of AAD
(*Bestiality: Sexual encounters of shifters in shifted form is not acceptable. Please keep all sexual encounters to bi-pedal life forms.)
When applying, Author MUST send an email with the following information:
Name of Author
Name of Book
Link to Self Pubbed works
Editor of each book
Cover of book
Author FB (page, if accepted we link to the page via the AAD page)
Author Hopefuls must email the above information to: AADSSP@authorsafterdark.org
Review time is 1-2 weeks. If you have not heard from us by the end of the second week, please email again.
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE AAD STAFF ARE FINAL.