So after about 22 emails from locals in and about NOLA, I have come to a decision about AAD 2012:
We will open a limited amount of day passes for Friday and Saturday for locals.
Please understand: FOR LOCALS ONLY. (That means no one flying in from outside of Louisiana will be accepted.)
A day ticket will be for EITHER Friday or Saturday and will gain you access to the following:
· Full Access to panels and workshops to meet your favorite authors, hear them speak on various topics and chance to win giveaways at the panels
· Full access to Featured Author readings
· Chance to meet and hang out with all authors attending AAD
· Access to author and industry sponsored parties (Friday: Wicked Bliss Chocolate Indulgence or the Steampunk Tea OR Saturday: Roaring 20’s with secret Cravings and the Author Pub crawl)
· Access to the Publisher Sponsored Tables to meet your favorite authors and talk to their publishers
· Access to the Saturday Book Fair (regardless of which day ticket you purchase)
Day Pass attendees will not have access to:
· Welcome bags
· Catered Events (such as the Open Bar on Friday and the Reception on Saturday)
· Gift Basket tickets
· Giveaways other then in panels
· Freebie books other than those given away in panels
Proof of Residence in Louisiana is required at time of ticket purchase. Please be ready to present photo identification.
Tickets will be 50$ CASH at the Registration table starting at 9am on Friday and Saturday and ticket is only good for ONE DAY.
Please note: the book signing and YA reading on Saturday is open to the public and if you are interested in just those, you do not have to pay to attend them.
Day ticket attendees will have a bracelet only and that bracelet will only be valid for the day it is issued.
To Purchase tickets: Bring your ID to the Registration table in the Royal Sonesta Hotel at 9am on either Friday (8/10) or Saturday (8/11). Fill out the information we need and pay your fee. You will be given a schedule for that day, or you can use the Guidebook App on your smartphone.